Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?

My Kenmore is a Heavy Duty Super Capacity, (model 110.24642300).

When I set the water level to the highest setting the water still only fills to about 8-10 inches from the top of the tub.

I know it can go higher, so how do I adjust the internal switch (inside the upper control panel) to fill those extra inches?

ThanksHow do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?theres a knob that gives u the water and thats where the nozle is...How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?do not think you should get any more water if you have to top of switch setting is an over flow drain so what are you going to gainHow do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?The empty fill of this washer allows for an additional 20+lbs. of cloathes to be added! Have you measured the water level after this 'extra' inclussion? I Always empty fill the washer to pre-charge the water with bleach and/or detergent before adding any cloathes. This insures that my laundry results can be evalueated on an honest scale. I can make minor adjustments to the wash water efficientcy in a better calculated way -utilizing these 'test' procedures.How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?there's a few things you can do to fill the tub higher. 1 just hold the water level switch to the right (beyond where it usually is set) when the level reaches the hight you want let go of the switch and the water will stop filling. this however is only a temerary stopgap. i doubt if you're up to it, but you would have to take the top of the machine off to see the inside workings of the controls. the control that i just spoke of has a thin hose going to the device. when you switch the knob on the front of the machine it changes the vacuum of that hose and that's what determines the water level inside the machine. that hose usually just slips on the device. look at the device (or change it for a new or different one) and see if you can find the screw or nut that can be turned which is factory set but i personally have reset at least one on my own. i don't know that yours is exactly the but the majority of washing machine devices are all about the same. one company makes that device for many washing mashines.

you may need to try to unscrew that screw or nut to get the washer to fill more. do it a little at a time then test it. a lot of times that screw/nut has what looks like paint on it. that's put on it so it can't change. it like a glue but looks like paint.

good luck to ya. by the way i only buy kenmore.

that 8 to 10 inches seems to be about right to me.

try holding that water level far to the right. i do it when i want more water for heavy loads. my spellcheck wouldn't work, sorryHow do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?http://mx.search.yahoo.com/search?ei=ISO…How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?If your havent tried already, let it fill first then trow in your clothes, some washers have a button you push for extra water say like if you wanted to rinse you hands or something like that.How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?Don't mess with it. Call the Kenmore man.How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?Therr should be a knob for that.How do I adjust the water level on my Kenmore washing machine?I think you need to accept whatever water level it gives you.....swishing around a tank that is too full...will cause all the water to splash out of the tub onto the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment