Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I adjust my equalizer to make my music sound better?

I want to adjust my equalizer to make my music sound better, but I don't know what each slider does. I mean I've played around with them trying to find a better sound, but I think I'd be more effective if I knew what I was doing. Like, what exactly am I adjusting? The balance of different frequencies of sound? I have no idea. Someone please help.How can I adjust my equalizer to make my music sound better?If you wear in a class on mixing your teacher would tell you to set every thing flat = 12 o'clock or center in the middle at zero to start with. That's no gain + or lose -.



You are adjusting hi, mid and low frequencies of your sound. If you have a 7,15 or 31 band graphic EQ you will adjust your low end = bass starting from the left . your mids will be in the middle and your highs will be on the right. If you have 3 band or parametric EG then it will read hi mid low. The more you push up or turn to the right the more gain, level of you hi, mid, bass end you will get . No one can tell you what you like so you must adjust to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment