Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?

Must I first turn off the water at the main entrance to the basement..or can I simply adjust the screws that are on the water pressure unit itself?How can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?It may be the case that the meter is the property of your local water utility copacny (even though its in your basement) and they would not appreciate you tampering with it. If it is faulty I would start by contactint whoever you pay your water bill to to see if they can help.How can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?We have no such unit in our house. Just a water shutoff that we can close, open and semi close.How can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?the water company does it from the connection at the street call your municipality I just had it done no more clanky pipes hope it helped youHow can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?You have a water pressure reducing valve, called a PRV valve, it should look like a big round hat with top a lock nut and a square adjusting bolt. Leave the water on, loosen that lock nut. Crank a 1/2 turn increments on that top adjusting bolt. That increases the pressure. That valve also acts like an anti back flow valve so that is why they install those.



Take a look on internet look under PRV valve for water.How can I adjust the water pressure meter in my basement?Most city water pressure is set at the citys pumping stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment