Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I adjust the idle speed on a 1998 Toyota Tercel?

My engine started to idle way too fast and I don't know how to adjust it to slow the idle down and not waste so much gas at stoplights. It is a fuel injection motor from a 1998 tercel.How do I adjust the idle speed on a 1998 Toyota Tercel?i would say you need a new idle air control valve. thats what controls the idle sped. when they get old and carbon builds up they stick. check with your mechanic for a price.How do I adjust the idle speed on a 1998 Toyota Tercel?1998 Tercel is fuel injected, meaning the idle is preset at the factory. more than likely you have a vaccum line on the engine thats has rotted or come off all togather. check them really good for cracks and dry-rot. the engine knows if there is more air coming in than should and the computer compensates with fuel causing the engine to rev.

No comments:

Post a Comment