Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I adjust me skis to a different size boot?

I haven't skied in awhile and need to adjust my Marker bindings to a slightly larger boot, how do I do this? All I really want to do is just make sure the new boots will work in the bindings and once I find out if they do I'll take them to a ski rental place to have them properly adjusted when I get to the mountain.How do I adjust me skis to a different size boot?Most marker bindings have a philips head adjustment screw located on the back center of the heel piece just above the track[make sure its not the din setting adjustment] .turn the screw to the left to move the heel piece back.You should hear a clicking sound when you turn the screw.move the heel piece back until the heel of the boot clears the heel piece of the binding a rests on the tab of the housing.if you can move the heel far enough snap the boot in and check that the center mark of the boot is near the center line marked on the ski.



i would not recommend working on your binding your self take them to your local shop to insure they work properly and the forward pressure and din setting are correct.The price they charge is small compared to the cost of an injuryHow do I adjust me skis to a different size boot?There should be a little metal tab at the rear of the heel binding (near the bottom). Use a sturdy flathead screwdriver to lift/depress the tab to unlock the heel piece and allow it to slide on the base plate. If it slides back far enough for the boot to fit, you should be good.How do I adjust me skis to a different size boot?Take a screw driver and push up the metal tab on the back of the binding and slide it to where it fits. There should be numbers on the side to adjust it to your sole length. Be careful if the arrows on the side are ot aligned properly you need to adjust the front too so it is evenly pressured. If it is not a huge change it should work. However, take it to a shop before you go out so they can adjust your din and make sure you are centered so you din get ejected.

No comments:

Post a Comment