Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I adjust to different shifts?

I have worked first shift my whole life. I now work

Monday-Friday 8-4pm and Saturdays from 7-3pm. I have Sundays off. In about two months I will be changing jobs and becoming an LNA. I will probably be working bailor shift on the weekends (2- 12 hour shifts) from 7pm-7am, and two 2nd shifts from 3-11pm during the week. I have to work the night shift because I have no choice with the schedule for my children. By 11:00pm I am exhausted. Any ideas on how I can help my body adjust to the completely different time change for the weekend shift? I know it will take a while but any ideas to help would be greatly appreciated!How do I adjust to different shifts?Changing shifts was always a killer for me. The only thing that helped was napping. When the kids are home and it seems like they always are establish regular nap times. Make sure you power nap at least 30-45 minutes each day off and when you are working nights try to sleep around your schedule. I found that if I got home after a night shift and slept for 5 hours I was okay but it worked best if I could take a power nap from 4-5 before going to work. I hope this helps



ChrisHow do I adjust to different shifts?You'll have to wait a while until it adjusts to the new environment itself.....After a month you'll see the changes....
  • extension to sqltableprovider
  • how do i make my relationship fun
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment