Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I adjust the truss bar on an Ibanez guitar to get rid of a buzzing noise?

Certain notes are giving me a buzzing noise, and my instructor says I should adjust the truss bar a little bit to get rid of it. How do I do this?How do I adjust the truss bar on an Ibanez guitar to get rid of a buzzing noise?turn off distortionHow do I adjust the truss bar on an Ibanez guitar to get rid of a buzzing noise?I used to work in a music store, and I saw quite a few people bring in a broken guitar after they tried to adjust the truss rod themselves. If it's a nice guitar, it's worth taking in professionally to have someone who knows what their doing make the adjustment.



I assume your instructor knows what he or she is talking about in terms of what is causing the buzzing. It could be a warped neck, which would be fixed by a truss rod adjustment. Also, the action could be too low, meaning the strings are too close to the neck, so the string hits other frets when you play it creating a buzzing problem. Or, it could be electronics, if you have an electric. These problems are easily fixable, but if you have a nice instrument you want it in the hands of a professional.How do I adjust the truss bar on an Ibanez guitar to get rid of a buzzing noise?With the strings off the guitar, you will use a straight edge across the frets. The instruction manual will give you a clearance at a certain fret, you will adjust the truss until those clearances are met. If you haven't done it before, I would take to your guitar shop and have them do it, it won't cost much and you will learn how to do it next time.How do I adjust the truss bar on an Ibanez guitar to get rid of a buzzing noise?the bolt at the top of the guitar, on the head, its next to the nut. get the appropriate allen wrench i believe you need, and twist it until the neck of the guitar isnt bowed any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment