Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I adjust the carburator on my gas edger?

My craftsman edger has a 3 hp gas motor that has gone out of adjustment. The engine will not idle and although I can get the engine to run it constantly %26quot;surges%26quot; revving and then idling back in 1-2 sec intervals. I have only 1 needle adjust screw in the bowl of the carb but can't seem to get it set at a level that will both enable easy idling and revving to cut. Truthfully, I don't know for sure if the adjustment is the cause of the surging or if it's something else (vaccuum?) but any input would be appreciated.How do I adjust the carburator on my gas edger?Spray some brake cleaner or carb cleaner....etc. around the seals and see if it affects the engine.

It sounds like you may have some trash in the carb though... take it off and apart and blow it out with compressed air and carb cleaner through any and all holes you see. The setting should be 1.5 turns out from all the way in snug... as a baseline. You have to fine tune it when its warmed up till it revs up and down with little to no hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment