Friday, June 3, 2011

How can I adjust the fuel gauge on an oil tank?

The fuel gauge for my oil tank, a Granby, is off by about 1/4 of a tank. Everytime the oil company comes to fill it, the gauge stops at a little over 3/4 of a tank; and, yes, I can do the math and realize that when it's near %26quot;E%26quot;, there's really only 1/4 tank left of oil. BUT, I still want to adjust it.

Is this something I can do myself, and if so how, or should I just have the oil company do it?



Oh, the guage is on top of the tank. It's a glass tube with a disc attached to the top of a tiny rod inside that gradually lowers as the oil is depleted.How can I adjust the fuel gauge on an oil tank?Your sending unit inside the tank is bad and needs to be replaced. there is no way to adjustHow can I adjust the fuel gauge on an oil tank?take it out an clean it an make shure it moves along the rod.How can I adjust the fuel gauge on an oil tank?there is no adjustment for these gauges, if it does not work properly the only way to fix it is to replace it. sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment