Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I adjust the oven temperature when I need to extend the length of cooking?

Hi. I am going to be preparing several pans of baked ziti, but I will not be home for most of the cooking time. Usually they would need a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, but I need to be gone for at least an hour before they're served. How low should I adjust the heat to allow for this longer cook time?How do I adjust the oven temperature when I need to extend the length of cooking?Just turn it up to desired temp and keep an eye on itHow do I adjust the oven temperature when I need to extend the length of cooking?I'm not sure about adjusting the oven temperature and I don't want to take a guess in case your food gets burnt, so maybe you could try cooking them at their normal temperature for the normal length of time and just reheat them, either in the microwave or in the oven covered in tin foil, before they're due to be served?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help but good luck anyway.How do I adjust the oven temperature when I need to extend the length of cooking?simply turn the temp down by10to15 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment