Wednesday, November 24, 2010

When golfing, I hit my 7 iron as far as I hit my driver. How can I adjust my driving to correct this?

While lessons are always a plus, if you have a decent swing (and for my answer, I'm going to say you do) and the driver still hits it too short, it may be a case of %26quot;it's the arrow, not the archer%26quot; (yes, it's usually the other way around, but have you ever tried to shoot a bow with a curved/broken arrow? not that efficient). It could especially be true if your driver was bought separate from the rest of the set.



It could be different things, or a combination of things, that causes poor driver play (here are a few of them):



1. the shaft, or at least, the shaft tip, is too stiff

2. the shaft (and consequentially, the overall) weight is too high for you

3. the actual (or effective) loft is too low



Take it to a club fitter. S/He can measure the driver and compare it to the rest of your clubs. S/He can then ascertain if there's a difference, and how bad it effects your play. They can also (possibly) correct the problem(s). Just to point out, there are things like face angle and loft that can't be changed. If that's the case, you may need a new driver.When golfing, I hit my 7 iron as far as I hit my driver. How can I adjust my driving to correct this?hit your 7 iron softer or hit your driver harderWhen golfing, I hit my 7 iron as far as I hit my driver. How can I adjust my driving to correct this?All in turning over your wrist, like baseball. Alot of golfers never do this, but it is night and day difference, just hard to learn and master. Buddy is pro in Arizona and have taken lessons and right when you strike ball, you should be turning over your wrist. Would take a few lessons, can show you how to grip correctly (90% of it) so you are allowed to turn wrist when you strike. I thought i had mastered, but back to being a hack.

No comments:

Post a Comment