Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Guy on Soccer Team?

Hi I just started playing in a leauge (NOT YMCA) in the 19-25 year old bracket all the guys are my own age (19). I play as second string Forward. All the guys on the team seem to know each other pretty well and I think they harbor resentment towards me. I have tried talking to them and they say it's nothing personal they just need time to adjust. It feels like to me that my every move is being scrutinzed when we lost our first game I felt the blame was on me and everyone made that kinda clear by not talking to me the next practice. I'm no Maradona or Pele But i play with all my heart and give it all i got and hold nothing back. Is it possible to earn these guys respect or will I forever remain as that %26quot;New Guy%26quot;? I'm not complaining I just want some advice on how to get them to open up to me.

Thank you.New Guy on Soccer Team?Dude i know how you feel. I joined soccer this year, first time ever. Was on Varsity in high school. Never played on a team before. It's difficult, a team should be very close and I wasn't close to anyone on the team, other than a friend of mine who joined with me. But just give it time. As they get to know you and see what you're all about, they'll adjust. Even if you're no Maradona, they'll be sure to see your hard work. Just be friendly, thats all you can really do. Play the sport, worry bout nothing else. You'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment